Saturday, June 02, 2007

Sargent Pepper's 40 RPM

The One and Only

Billy Shears

presenta

Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

We're Sargent Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band
We hope you will enjoy the show
Sargent Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band
Sit back and let the evening go

With a little help from my friends


Lucy in the sky with diamonds



...tangerine trees and marmalade skies,
cellophane flowers of yellow and green,
rocking horse people eat marshmellow pies,
newspaper taxis appear on the shore,
plasticine porters with looking glass ties...


Getting better


I used to get mad at my school
The teachers who taught me weren't cool
You're holding me down, turning me round
filling me up with your rules.
I've got to admit it's getting better
a little better all the time




Fixing a hole


I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
and stops my mind from wandering


z

She's leaving home

Father snores as his wife gets into her dressing gown
Picks up the letter that's lying there
Standing alone at the top of the stairs
She breaks down and cries to her husband
Daddy our baby's gone.



Being for the benefit of Mr. Kite

For the benefit of Mr. Kite,
there will be a show tonight
on trampoline.
The Hendersons will all be there
late of Pablo Fanques Fair -
What a scene!
The Hendersons will dance and sing,
as Mr. Kite flys through the ring.
Don't be late!
The band begins at ten to six,
when Mr. K. performs his tricks
without a sound.
And Mr. H. will demonstrate
ten summersets he'll undertake
on solid ground.
And tonight Mr. Kite is topping the bill!


Within you Without you


When you've seen beyond yourself
then you may find
peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come
when you see we're all one
and life flows on within you and without you.


When I'm sixty-four


When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine.

Will you still need me
will you still feed me,
when I'm sixty-four.



Lovely Rita

Lovely Rita, meter maid.
Standing by a parking meter,
Filling in a ticket in her little white book.
In a cap she looked much older,
and the bag across her shoulder
made her look a little like a military man.


Good morning Good morning

After a while you start to smile now you feel cool.
Then you decide to take a walk by the old school.
Nothing has changed it's still the same
I've got nothing to say but it's o.k.

Good morning, good morning...


Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (reprise)

We hope you have enjoyed the show
We're sorry but it's time to go
We'd like to thank you once again
It's getting very near the end

a


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Duende que camina said...

Tangerine trees

9:19 PM  
Blogger Estufacto said...

and marmalade skies?

6:05 PM  
Blogger Duende que camina said...

Marmalade sky & Marmalade sky = Marmalade skies

7:14 PM  
Blogger heptafon said...

Ese mismo día por la tarde, Jimi hendrix hacía una versión de SPLHCB en directo. O eso dice la leyenda.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home